Snort 2.9.3 Beta is now available on snort.org, at http://www.snort.org/snort-downloads/ in the Latest Development Release section.
2.9.0 RC & later packages are signed with a new PGP key (that is signed with the previous key).
Snort 2.9.3 introduces the following new capabilities:
[*] New additions
* Updates to flowbit rule option to allow for OR and AND of individual bits within a single rule, and allow flowbits to be used in multiple groups. See README.flowbits and the Snort manual for details.
* Dynamic output plugin architecture to provide an API that developers can write their own output mechanisms to log alert and packet data from Snort. Some output plugins have been removed as a result of this to be maintained by their respective authors.
* Update to dcerpc2 preprocessor for improved accuracy and handling of different OSs for SMB processing. See README.dcerpc2 and the Snort manual for details.
* Updates to reputation preprocessor for handling of whitlelist and trustlists and zone information. See README.reputation and the Snort manual for details.
* Updates to the packet decoders to support pflog v4.
* Update to return error messages through the control socket.
* Updates to the processing of email attachments for better handling of non-encoded attachments, and improved memory management for attachment processing.
* Improvements in HTTP Inspect for better performance with gzip decompression. Also improvements for handling simple responses, encoded query strings, transfer encoding and chunk encoding processing.
* Fix logging of multiple unified2 alerts with reassembled packets.
* Compiler warning cleanup across multiple platforms.
* Added 116:458 and 116:459 to cover fragmentation issues.
Please see the Release Notes and ChangeLog for more details.
Please submit bugs, questions, and feedback to email@example.com.