Snort 18.104.22.168 contains several new features and bug fixes. Here's a complete rundown of what's new in this version. Users are encouraged to update as soon as possible, or upgrade to Snort 3 if they have not already done so.
Here's a rundown of all the changes and new features in this latest version of Snort 3:
- appid: publish tls host set in eve process event handler only when appid discovery is complete
- detection: show search algorithm configured
- file_api: handling filedata in multithreading context
- flow: add stream interface to get parent flow from child flow
- memory: added memusage pegs
- memory: fix unit test build w/o reg test
Snort 3 is the next generation of the Snort Intrusion Prevention System. The GitHub page will walk users through what Snort 3 has to offer and guide users through the steps of getting set up—from download to demo. Users unfamiliar with Snort should start with the Snort Resources page and the Snort 101 video series.
You can subscribe to the newest rule detection functionality from Talos for as low as $29.99 a year with a personal account. See our business pricing as well here. Make sure and stay up to date to catch the most emerging threats.