- ported dns inspector
- ported ssh inspector
- added doc/usage.txt
Bug fixes and enhancements:
- reworked autotools generation of api_options.h
- updated default manuals
- apply service from hosts when inspector already bound to flow
- ensure direction and service are applied to packet regardless of flow state
- enable active for react / reject only if used in configuration
- eliminate dedicated nhttp chunk buffer
- minor nhttp cleanup in StreamSplitter
- fixed host lookup issue
- folded classification.lua and reference.lua into snort_defaults.lua
- apply defaults from parameter tables instead of relying on ctors etc.
- fix static analysis issues reported by xcode
- change policy names with a-b form to a_b for consistency
- make all warnings optional
- fix ip and tcp policy defines
- fix ip and icmp flow client/server ip init
- added build foo for lzma; refactored configure.ac
- enhancements for checking compatibility of external plugins
You can also get the latest updates from github (snortadmin/snort3) which is updated weekly.
Please submit bugs, questions, and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org or the Snort-Users mailing list.
The Snort Release Team