Have you upgraded to Snort 3 yet? Want to learn how to transition?
With Snort 3, rules are faster and more efficient, users have more control over their Snort experience, and it runs on multiple environments and operating systems.
To help you make the switch, we're launching a new series of webinars with the help of the Snort product team and our friends across Cisco.
To kick things off, Alex Tatistcheff, a technical marketing manager for Cisco, will be holding a presentation on Snort 3 on April 20 at 11 a.m. ET. Alex will address specific questions anyone has about Snort 3 and walk you through how to have a successful migration to Snort 3. You can register for this webinar here.
Alex is the author of the book "Essential Firepower: Your best practice guide to configuring Cisco's Next Generation Firewall" and is an expert on all things Snort.
Some prominent features of Snort 3 include:
- Support for multiple packet processing threads.
- Shared configuration and attribute table.
- Use a simple, scriptable configuration.
- Make key components pluggable.
- Autodetect services for portless configuration.
- Support sticky buffers in rules.
- Autogenerate reference documentation.
- Provide better cross-platform support.