We released SNORTⓇ version 18.104.22.168 this afternoon.
This version includes several bug fixes and updates to improve your Snort experience. If you haven't already, we also encourage users to upgrade to Snort 3, which includes a new rule parser and rule syntax, support for multiple packet-processing threads, and much more.
Here's a rundown of what's new in 22.214.171.124.
- Added range field support in HTTP preprocessor.
- Added alert for HTTP chunk size mismatch.
- Added support to detect SNMP 'report pdu'.
- Added additional stats for SMB preprocessor.
Improvements and fixes
- Fixed a condition in which an alert would not be generated.
- Fixed possible memory corruption in SMB preprocessor.
- Fixed handling ICMP error code -4 .
- Fixed an error when the debugmsgs option enabled in compilation.