By Jon Munshaw.
We are thrilled to announce that Snort 3 is out of beta with the release candidate for Snort 3.0.3. Snort 3.1.0 general availability will be available in roughly a month.
Snort 3 has been in beta for several months now, and we would like to thank all the users who’ve provided us feedback during that period that we’ve used to polish this product.
There is simply too much to cover in one blog post to highlight what makes Snort 3 so great, so instead we’re rounding up all the blogs we’ve written recently that show off what this version can do. We encourage everyone to shift over to Snort 3 from any versions of Snort 2 when the time is right.
- Snort 101 videos covering Snort 3, including how to install and configure it, how to write rules and Snort 3 logging.
- A broad overview of Snort 3 vs. Snort 2
- How rules work differently in Snort 3
- Guide for installing Snort 3.0.2 on CentOS
- Snort 3 GitHub page
- Improve Snort 3 performance with Hyperscan
- How the RNA inspector works in Snort 3
- Installing Snort 3 on Ubuntu 18 and 19
- Talos Takes “Snort 101” episode