Snort 126.96.36.199 is now available at http://www.snort.org/downloads in the Snort Stable Release Section.
Snort 188.8.131.52 Release Notes: [*] New additions
- Added PAF support for SIP based traffic
- Resolved a backtracking issue where the 'protected_content' rule option was not matching on content following a content rule option that is not matched.
- Resolved an issue where snort dropped privilege levels before attempting to delete its PID file created during the higher privilege level
- Improved processing of SSLv3 traffic, IPv6 extensions, HTTPS session reassembly and normalization
- Performance improvements for file preprocessor
- Stability improvements for ftp_telnet preprocessor
Please start your updating engines, and drop us a line over at Snort-users with any issues.