[*] New additions
* Add support to do file specific processing within DCERPC preprocessor for
files being transferred over SMB.
* File capture and storage -- saves files as they traverse the network via a
new preprocessor that ties in support within HTTP, FTP, SMTP, POP, IMAP,
and SMB. See README.file and README.file_server (under tools/file_server)
* Add <= and >= operators to byte_test rule option.
* Update SMTP to detect Cyrus SASL authentication attack.
* Add capability to capture a single session from start to end.
* EXPERIMENTAL: Add support to leverage file type identification in snort
rules. See README.file_ips for details.
* Only inject active responses when a TCP session is established.
* Update the POP and IMAP protocols to support simple PAF for improved
identification and capture of files.
* Update SMTP, POP, IMAP to improve inspection when mime boundaries are
split across packets.
* Address issue to address end of line incorrectly for Quoted Printable
* Handle out of order SSL handshake in SMTP when STARTTLS is used and
fix checks for SSL type only within the SSL hand shake.
* Update sensitive data preprocessor to handle a stateful search of
patterns across multiple packets.
* Address a few issues in the Snort manual and other READMEs for flowbits
* Save off packet data for quicker debugging in case of a SIGABRT or SIGBUS.
* Fix alignment of sfxhash node for SPARC platforms.
See the Release Notes and ChangeLog for more details.
Please submit bugs, questions, and feedback to email@example.com.
Happy Snorting! The Snort Release Team