We are pleased to announce the immediate availability of Snort 188.8.131.52.
The following is an excerpt from the ChangeLog detailing the changes:
* Updated File processing for partial HTTP content and MIME attachments.
* Addition of new config option max_attribute_services_per_host and
improve memory usage within attribute table.
* Handle excessive overlaps in frag3.
* Stream API updates to return session key for a session.
* Reduce false positives for TCP window slam events.
* Updates to provide better encoding for TCP packets generated for respond and react.
* Disable non-ethernet decoders by default for performance reasons.
If needed, use --enable-non-ether-decoders with configure.
Snort 184.108.40.206 can be downloaded immediately at: https://www.snort.org/downloads
Thanks for your support of Snort!