[*] New additions
* Update to flowbit rule option to allow for OR and AND of individual bits within a single rule, and allow flowbits to be used in multiple groups. See
README.flowbitsand the Snort manual for details.
* Dynamic output plugin architecture to provide an API that developers can write their own output mechanisms to log alert and packet data from Snort.
* Update to dcerpc2 preprocessor for improved accuracy and handling of different OSs for SMB processing. See
README.dcerpc2and the Snort manual for details.
* Updates to reputation preprocessor for handling of whitlelist and trustlists and zone information. See
README.reputationand the Snort manual for details.
* Updates to http_inspect client PAF handling and server flow_depth handling.
* Logging updates to the smtp preprocessor.
* Added detailed documentation of unified2 logging configuration and logging.
--enable-decoder-preprocessor-rulesconfigure option and hardened preprocessor and decoder rule event code. To enable old behavior such that specific preprocessor and decoder rules don't have to be explicitly added to snort.conf, add "
config autogenerate_preprocessor_decoder_rules" to your snort.conf.
* Fixed SMTP mempool allocation for significant memory savings. Also tweaked memory required per stream5 session tracker.
* Force exact versioning match of running dynamic engine and dynamic engine used to build SO rules.
* User can now query reputation pp for routing table and management information.
* Update to return error messages through the control channel.
* Updates to the processing of email attachments for better handling of non-encoded attachments, and improved memory management for attachment processing.
* Improvements in HTTP Inspect for better performance with gzip decompression. Also improvements for handling simple responses, encoded query strings, transfer encoding and chunk encoding processing.
* Updates to the packet decoders to support pflog v4.
* Fix logging of multiple unified2 alerts with reassembled packets.
* Compiler warning cleanup across multiple platforms.
* Added 116:458 and 116:459 to cover fragmentation issues.
* Removed all database outputs.
Please see the Release Notes and ChangeLog for more details.
Please submit bugs, questions, and feedback to email@example.com.